December 18, 2013

A Winter Ensemble

I'm taking a break from writing this week to share with you my new favorite outfit! After practically being dragged into buying some tall boots ('cause I'm a stingy shopper), I had a flash of fashion inspiration and pulled together this winter ensemble (as featured in my last post):
I love the lacy texture of this little burgundy dress, but the neckline and bodice is waaaayyyy immodest, and it was originally a little shorter than I'm comfortable with. So. I had to be creative!
The white lace you see peeking out under the dress is actually not part of the dress. To add a couple more inches in length, I re-purposed an old "petticoat"/ underskirt thingy by shortening it so it came to my knees. I actually like the dress better with the white lace than without it!
Adding a jean jacket brings in a little contrast and gives the outfit a western flair, besides adding warmth and modesty. And the final touch, of course, is the boots. Although I was hesitant to buy them at first, they have grown on me and I love how they look with the rest of this outfit!
I couldn't resist pulling a quiver into the pictures. :) 
I'd like to challenge you girls to experiment with your wardrobe a bit. Find something you've not worn in a while, or something that's not quite modest enough, and play around with it! Add another layer or pull in a flash of color; add a belt or bring in some contrast! Just remember to keep it modest - tight enough to show you're a woman, but loose enough to show you're a lady. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for you! Please get all you can out of it by asking questions and giving me your opinions! Let me know how God is working in your lives. If you post a prayer request, I will pray for you!