April 29, 2014

Blessed

Tonight for supper we had blueberries. And strawberries. And chips. 
One of my chips was so salty-good that I had to close my eyes.

Which made me remember how one of my friends mentioned that she loves it when people really enjoy their food. Like when someone bites into a marvelously juicy apple and their face lights up. Or how I close my eyes and grin like a crazy person when I have ice cream with chocolate and peanut butter in it. 

Boy, am I blessed. I mean, strawberries and blueberries and potato chips?

I bet there are hundreds of girls my age who have never tasted fresh juicy fruit. 

I know there are thousands who survive on garbage - food that would make my stomach turn at the smell.

And at my house we complain when we have rice-and-bean-and-corn-and-cheese casserole. With dessert afterwards. 

Boy, am I ashamed. 
Because even leftovers from my house would be a feast to a precious girl in Africa. 
I have so much. So, so much. 

And all I can say is Thank you, Lord.

Why you've seen fit to bless me with strawberries and not them...
It's a mystery to me. Jesus, show me how to love them, show me how to feed them.
But right now...

Thank you, Lord.
for blueberries 
and strawberries 
and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for you! Please get all you can out of it by asking questions and giving me your opinions! Let me know how God is working in your lives. If you post a prayer request, I will pray for you!