August 4, 2014

Confessions of a Writer who hasn't been Writing

I've been lazy.
Telling myself I have no words to write
But really I've just failed to dig them up out of my heart.
For me, writers block is a frame of mind
That comes in the summer.
Lazy days and
No deadlines.

I think I sometimes cheat myself out of deep words spilled out on the page
Because I fear the currents
Tugging beneath the glittering surface.
I see the sun reflecting off the shining water 
Mesmerizing 
Pretty shallow thoughts
And Pinterest-perfect quotes.
I sit on the bank ignoring parched lips
And dirty hands,
Content somehow.
I need to force myself to step into the water
Break the smooth shining surface 
And 
I need to drink deep,
Dip in
And find strong currents.
Dangerous waters.
Because there 
In the scary place
In the dark mystery
I find Him.

And when I find Him
I find words.

I'm gonna try to write more, guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is for you! Please get all you can out of it by asking questions and giving me your opinions! Let me know how God is working in your lives. If you post a prayer request, I will pray for you!